Thursday, May 31, 2012

Graduation Money Holder




Hi everyone!  Can you guys believe it's the last day of May?  We have a ton of graduation parties coming up in the next few weeks so I need a cute way package up some cash.  I made a really cute money holder with my Silhouette but I thought it would be fun to design one that didn't require a die cutting machine.
 
So here is a simple tutuorial on how to make a quick money envelope with cardstock and your score board.


 




This step creates the pocket that will hold the money.

To make the little twine tassel....I wrapped some twine around my Bow Easy and then tied another piece around the upper portion.  I trimmed above and below the tied portion to create the fringe. 
I embellished my envelope with some Echo Park - Note to Self paper and a strip of totally twill ribbon and a die cut graduation cap.

You can read more on my blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Corri

9 comments :

  1. What a great graduation card Corri! I love how you made the little tassel with your bow easy tool. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a great little holder with such a cute design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Corri! Making this as I read it...so cute! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Thank you, this is just what I need. This could be used for any celebration. Thanks so much for the tutorial. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making belly band cards! Your is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corri, this is a GREAT grad money holder! Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Corri, thank you again for this tutorial. I've just now finished making two very late check holders! So easy!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say