Saturday, November 15, 2014

Christmas Past Santa Card


Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Kathy here today with a lovely vintage Santa Card using Graphic 45's Christmas Past Collection, burlap string and custom dyed seam binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


These string "wreaths" are very popular in the paper crafting world right now.  They are a great way to add some texture and visual interest to a project, and they help draw the eye to the central image as well.  They are so easy to make.  I just used 3 pieces of burlap string cut to about 12".  I wrapped them around the 4 fingers of my left hand (because I am right handed) leaving a little overlap.  I slipped it off my hand, tied a knot, and rounded it out into the wreath shape you see below.  


I trimmed the ends, and added my jingle bells.  The overlap was lightly brushed with a tiny bit of watered down white glue, then wrapped around the handle of a small paintbrush.   When it was dry, I carefully slid it off  the paintbrush and the pretty curlicue you see in this picture was in place.  I used small dabs of white glue to add it to my card.


I created my border along the bottom by sewing down a strip of wired faux burlap and then layering it with some fussy cut elements from the card.  My seam binding was spritzed with gold Tattered Angels Mist and then tied into a shabby bow with my Zutter Bow-it-All Tool.  I frayed the ends of the seam binding and then used my hot glue gun to pleat the tails. 

I love the way natural fibers add that vintage vibe and texture to a card, don't you?

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

4 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say