Sunday, February 15, 2015

Beautiful Butterflies and Blooms Cards


Hello, Friends!

If you like butterflies and beautiful blooms, you are going to love today's post. I've created a set of beautiful butterflies and blooms cards for Really Reasonable Ribbon using supplies from Polly's Paper, my favorite Etsy Shop!

Butterflies and Blooms RRR 01


Each card combines vintage images, papers and beautiful ribbons from RRR. This anniversary card is all dressed up with a die cut vintage clock, a glittery butterfly and a posh red bow made with Sherry Satin Ribbon with a gold metallic edge. This ribbon is a dream to work with, and ties the most luxurious bows I've ever seen!

Butterflies and Blooms RRR 02


This elegant magnolia has such a great botanical style that I wanted to use earthy, natural fibers to enhance it. I lined the base of the card with Antique Gold Faux Burlap Ribbon and then layered this wonderful new Birds on a Vine Natural Cotton/Linen Ribbon over it. I also used it to make a simple button topped bow. To draw attention to my card focal, I created a little wreath with Hemp Cording. To do this, I just wrapped the hemp around the four fingers of my left hand and then slipped it off. I twisted it just a little, tied a knot with another piece of hemp and hot glued it to the card. I lightly brushed the hemp and the birds on a vine ribbon with a little Vintage Photo Distress ink. Easy, right?

Butterflies and Blooms RRR 04


This thank you card has a great vintage feel, and I enhanced that by adding a vintage button from my stash along with two sweet bows made with shabby pink double faced satin ribbon.

Butterflies and Blooms RRR 06


This happy birthday card is bright and cheery and ready to party with a big poofy bow made from Geranium PInk Circus Dots Grosgrain Ribbon.

Butterflies and Blooms RRR 07


This last card is my favorite.  I love the blue grey color palette and the peaceful feel that this card has. I added a Light Silver Bow to the top of the tag and then used up the very last of my Sheer Satin Striped Ribbon to make that triple bow. I've got to get more of this, as it is such a handy ribbon to have around. It ties like a dream, too. Of course, I tied all these bows with my Bow it All Tool, which really does make it sooo easy to create a pretty bow.

I love the way ribbon adds the perfect finishing touch to any card, and really pulls all the various elements together. How about you? I'd love to hear which of these beautiful butterflies and blooms cards is your favorite in the comment section below.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

2 comments :

  1. Super super super beautiful..I am in love with every single one of them. And the ribbon???? Perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I wanted to do justice to your beautiful images...and these ribbons were the crowning glory!

      Delete

We'd love to hear what you have to say