Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Exploring New Color Combinations

Hello, all my crafty and creative friends.  It's Karen Letchworth here today sharing a post to showcase a lovely card I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  As I've always told everyone, one of the many things that I love SO much about all the great ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon is how well they all work together and complement one another so beautifully.  To prove my point once again, I created a card that uses some VERY different color choices that I wouldn't normally put together.  Using some patterned papers from my SUPER STASH, I created this card and added a nice big seam binding bow using four FABULOUS colors of Seam Binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  We encourage YOU to try some new color combinations from our fabulous shop.
First, I cut some patterned papers that I pieced together.  I have SO much of this particular line left in my stash, and it's good to use up old product you have lying around.  So, once I had my papers laid out, I added a journalling page that is torn from the small notebook of papers from this line.  I stamped my sentiment onto that piece using black ink.  You can see that these particular colors are really fun to work with, aren't they?  Well, Really Reasonable Ribbon will ALWAYS have something to match your projects!
The sweet Seam Binding bow was created with one length of each of these bright, fun colors:  Glory Blue Seam BindingMimosa Yellow Seam BindingOrange Seam Binding, and Dusty Olive Seam Binding.  There's also a length of Ivory Burlap String in the bow. Additionally, I included a length of the Glory Blue Seam Binding across the width of my card near the bottom that attaches to the bow.  As I said, I have SO MUCH of this particular line that I was also able to include some stick pins in my bow, accent gems, canvas buttons in the center of the bow and centers of the flowers, and some paper flowers (at the top), where I included another bow tied with Ivory Burlap String.  The only reason I chose to use these paper flowers (as opposed to incorporating Really Reasonable Ribbon's GORGEOUS Flowers) is because I wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to use them up (which I didn't - there's still oodles of this line left in my stash).
As you can see, I didn't stop there.  I decided to use up even more of this line and create a matching tag/bookmark to tuck inside this card.  I also wanted a good excuse to use some of those gorgeous RRR flowers I was talking about.  My tag implements the Glory Blue Seam BindingOrange Seam BindingIvory Burlap StringArianna Natural Crocheted Lace, and the sweet Celery Green Plaid Ribbon.  I topped the bow with a Green Mulberry Paper Leave, and two of the super sweet Orange Open Roses and one Two-Toned Yellow Open Rose.  It's easy and fun to create a matching tag to tuck inside a card, and Really Reasonable Ribbon's fantastic ribbons and flowers make it all possible.
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my fun and brightly-colored card and tag set.  As you can see, you can literally take ANY of Really Reasonable Ribbon's fabulous ribbons, seam binding, laces, trims and more; and just combine them together to create something special.  They really do work SO well together.  I encourage you to treat yourself today to something new from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

And don't forget about our FUN CHALLENGE taking place now on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  We would love to have you share your sweet creations with us.  We're always so grateful for your visits.

Happy crafting!

1 comment :

  1. Both of these are gorgeous! I love the bright colors you chose and the dot prints! Perfect! Your 3-colored bow is exquisite! You're such an artist!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say