Monday, July 10, 2017

Cheers

Welcome by, everyone!  It's Karen Letchworth today posting this sweet card that I created by combining two patterned papers that I inked with Distress Ink and glued together with lots of Scor-Tape.  I ran a torn piece of pink/cream striped washi tape along the sides of the smaller piece of patterned paper.  Then, I added a sentiment card (cheers) that I inked with Distress Ink.  
Once I had all that in place, I chose to adorn my card (quite) a bit.  At the bottom left, I made a BIG bow layered with Mulberry Flowers; and they were added (from the bottom up) in this order:  I tied a double bow using the 5/8" Delphium Delicate Stitched Satin RibbonLilac Seam BindingBaby Pink Seam BindingIvory Burlap StringNatural Burlap StringBurlap Center Stitch Brown, and then a 35mm WOC Green/White (pink) Paper Leaf, and several Sweetheart Blossoms including purple, ivory and white.
You'll also see that just below the sentiment, I added some Embellishments including a felt bird who is sitting on three White Flat Back Pearls and nest made of  Violet Burlap String and Ivory Burlap String.  I really wanted you to see a close-up of the sweet 35mm WOC Green/White (pink) Paper Leaf, and lovely Sweetheart Blossoms I used.
I absolutely love using Burlap String because it adds so much fabulous texture to your cards; and because it is a TREMENDOUS VALUE at just $1.00 for TEN YARDS.  AND.....it comes in 15 fabulous colors.  This is a trim you will use for so many different things, and Really Reasonable Ribbon has it priced so low that you can afford to pick up ten yards of every color.  There are so many fabulous products in the shop at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I encourage you to check it out and treat yourself today!
There's also a FUN CHALLENGE taking place now on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog, and I hope you will play along with us.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week.

Karen

3 comments :

  1. Karen, I love your card, but the bow is AMAZING! I'd really love a video tutorial to see how you put it together. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and always so creative x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say